Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eaton Canyon After a Sunday Rain and a Day in Court

I had a few hours to myself late this morning.  I was driving home from a Los Angeles Court where I was contesting a traffic citation and the San Gabriel Mountain range wet and dark with rain and gray and white marbled clouds above Pasadena looked dramatic.  So I went home to get my camera and drove up to Eaton Canyon to capture a few images.  To attend traffic court I had to call in sick for the morning.  I worked at  New Tech @ Jeff HS.  It was awful.  The kids were great.  Smart.  Talented.  Hard-working.  I have no fight with the kids.  Admired them.  But it is the adults who try to run their lives.  There was a Mr. Collins.  Dear Reader, you know who he is.  He barked at kids' faces to get them to comply to some stupid code about wearing one's lanyard.  Mr. Collins, you missed your calling as a concentration camp kapo.  No, really, I think that you could have run your own camp and called it "New Tech Concentration."  I was so sick of the administrative staff at that school with one exception.  There was a secretary at the school.  I'd never met LAUSD personnel with more grace, intelligence, and decency.  Someone with her skills should not devalue or degrade her energies by handing them over to that Stalinesque district.  I leave that behind me. 

So after traffic court I drove up to Eaton Canyon and took a few photos from my pocket camera on the upper rim of the canyon.  I only took a few.  

On the southern rim of Eaton Canyon.
Snow-capped Mt. Wilson through the clouds and old Goody's diner, now empty, there on the northwest corner of that intersection. 


On the west rim of Eaton Canyon.



No comments:

Post a Comment